Monday, June 29, 2009

Overweight


During my lunch break, I went out to buy my daughter medicine for her colds and cough. Yes, my daughter has a colds and cough again. A month has not passed yet when she had her last colds and cough. And it is no fun when our child is sick, right?

Anyways, after paying the med, I noticed that nobody was using the machine installed in Mercury outlets for measuring the weight and height(I forgot the name of the machine). I also have a five-peso coin so I decided to get my measurement.

After measuring all the factors need to be measure, the result was printed-out. The result indicated that the ideal weight for my height is only 55.3 Kg but I am 61.6 kg to my dismay. I am overweight by 6.3 kg. I am not loosing weight, instead, I am still gaining more pounds...( and not just pounds, but kilos)

This is quite alarming and badly needs attention on my end. If the continue gaining weight, I will end up obese and being obese, I will be facing more health complications. Although, very seldom we include pork in our meals, my rice intake is the culprit. I eat too much rice....

But before it is too late, I need to gain the determination to limit my rice intake. Otherwise, instead of taking care of my daughter, I might be the one she'll be taking care of.

3 comments:

Nisha on June 30, 2009 at 3:31 AM said...

Great post.. i think am here for the first time and enjoyed reading about you and your kid.. yeah of course, rice is always a culprit when it comes to gaining weight.. hehe.. how old is your kid? my second one is almost 3 :-)

Beth on June 30, 2009 at 7:14 PM said...

i love eating rice too! that's why I'm overweight too! Madaya lang ako tingnan pero overweight din ako by about 2-3 kilos! Beat that!!! :)

post mo tips mo pag effective ha? :)

Yami on July 1, 2009 at 5:38 PM said...

Well, I'm with the right company pala. Haha. I'm also overweight siguro 20 to 30 pounds heavier. Kaunting movement lang hinihingal na ako. Ang daling mag-gain, but difficult to shed the excess pounds. :-(

 

Online Mommy's Corner Copyright © 2009 Flower Garden is Designed by Ipietoon for Tadpole's Notez Flower Image by Dapino