Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Migrating to Word Press



I am in the process of migrating my site to Word Press. Since the rank of my current site returned to zero, I decided that this is the perfect time to migrate. I consider this event a blessing in disguise.

I bought a domain and hosting few months ago but haven't done anything on these yet., until now. I am planning to enter into hosting business. And since I will be selling hosting, it is only appropriate that my site is also hosted on my own hostingGrin.

My main concern before was how to migrate my post and comments. I will really regret if I will not be able to transfer my posts since I've invested so much time writing them but it will be very tedious for me if I copy-paste them one by one. And how about the precious comments I received, should I just leave them behind?

But my concern is immediately answered. Word Press has a tool to migrate all the my posts including the comments . The biggest problem is solved in no time at all.

I am still constructing the page elements of my new site but as soon as I've put everything in there from my current site, I will visit all of the sites in my blog roll to provide each one of them new link.

I hope to see you there soon!

2 comments:

Beyond Motherhood on August 27, 2009 at 12:47 AM said...

good move. I have moved mine 3 months ago from blogspot to wordpress and it is so easy to import all the post. Looking forward to your new domain :)

Azumi's Mom ★ on August 27, 2009 at 3:07 PM said...

Go girl.. I love wordpress platform kaya i think its not a bad move. I wanted to move my babyblog also pero sayang kasi domain ko dun sa blogger. Anyway, add my personal blog when you finally moved =)

kawaii-bebe

 

Online Mommy's Corner Copyright © 2009 Flower Garden is Designed by Ipietoon for Tadpole's Notez Flower Image by Dapino